1/3 Photos of Green Pastures Cotillion Rolls
3 hrs 15 mins
Green Pastures is a long-time favorite restaurant in Austin, Texas. Most of us only get to go there for a very special event; but you can make their rolls at home for an ordinary dinner in. I've had this recipe for years and years since I clipped it out of the Austin American-Statesman newspaper.
My Private Note
dozen r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt margaine.
- 2Beat eggs.
- 3Combine milk and eggs with melted margarine; set aside.
- 4Mix together warm wate rand dry yeast.
- 5Mix this with with flours, salt, and sugar in a large bowl or stadn mixer with a dough hook.
- 6Stir in wet mixture and knead on floured board until elastic and smooth (at least 10 minutes). Dough should be shiny.
- 7Let the dough rise until it doubles in size (about 1 1/2 hours).
- 8Divide dough into 3 equal balls.
- 9Roll out each ball like a large (14-inch) pizza crust. Use butter on board to facilitate rolling.
- 10With a pizza cutter, divide the dough into 16 triangular pie shapes.
- 11Start with the large end, roll into crewscents and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- 12Let rise until double (about an hour).
- 13Bake at 360 degrees until brown.
- 14Serve hot with butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Pastures Cotillion Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.4
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 63.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g