1/3 Photos of Green Papaya Salad Ala Bobby Flay
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
I love anything Thai and this is a great side salad. From "Hot Off the Grill with Bobby Flay Episode: Tropical Grilling
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces string beans
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 (1 lb) green papayas, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1/4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf, rough chop
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2Add the string beans and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and plunge into cold water to stop further cooking.
- 3Drain well and cut each bean in half.
- 4Halve the tomatoes lengthwise and remove the seeds. Slice the halves into 1/8-inch strips.
- 5Roughly chop all but 2 tablespoons of peanuts.
- 6In a bowl toss papaya with the beans, tomatoes, chopped peanuts, fish sauce, lemon and lime juices, sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes and 3 tablespoons cilantro.
- 7Garnish with remaining peanuts and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Papaya Salad Ala Bobby Flay
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1404.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g