Recipe by Nolita_Food
You can use green mango, or kohlrabi if you can't find green papaya. It's a little different from the Thai salad, since we don't use palm sugar, and we don't pound the ingredients with a mortar.
Top Review by Garlic Chick
Fantastic! I love the flavor of the fish sauce and the lime juice. I buy the pre-shredded papaya or papaya/carrot mix at a local Asian grocery. I made as written, but added one teaspoon of low sodium soy sauce in my dressing, too. Thanks for a winner - I'm going to try this next time with grilled shrimp!
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 -3 tablespoons light brown sugar or 2 -3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 cups julienned papayas
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Thai basil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts