No fish fry is worth it's salt without hush puppies! So don't forget these nibblers at your next feast! Add 1 jalapeño pepper (chopped) for a little heat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture.
- 2Combine egg and milk; add to dry ingredients.
- 3Stir just until moistened.
- 4Add tomato and green onions.
- 5Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven or large saucepan; heat to 375°F.
- 6Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into oil; fry in batches 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 7Drain on paper towels; serve immediately.
- 8Yield: 3 1/2 dozen.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Onion-Tomato Hush Puppies
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 1010.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g