Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
No fish fry is worth it's salt without hush puppies! So don't forget these nibblers at your next feast! Add 1 jalapeño pepper (chopped) for a little heat!
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg and milk; add to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Add tomato and green onions.
- Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven or large saucepan; heat to 375°F.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into oil; fry in batches 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels; serve immediately.
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen.