Top Review by threeovens
This was incredibly delicious! I made my own nuoc cham using chile paste, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and water. It had flavor, but was quite watery. So glad I had leftover shrimp and rice!
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb small cooked shrimp or 1 lb shrimp meat
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, chopped, including tops
- hot chili pepper, minced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups stir-fry sauce (nuoc cham, see Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese Chili Sauce for Dipping))
Directions See How It's Made
- In a high-sided nonstick pot or wok, combine the cooked rice, cooked shrimp or shrimp meat, green onions, chili peppers (if desired) and water. Cook over high heat, stirring often to mix well and prevent sticking, until all ingredients are thoroughly heated and most of the water is gone, about 8 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and stir for 1 more minute as the pot gets hotter. Add the nuoc cham (recipe#502823) and stir rapidly to mix thoroughly. Continue to cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.