1/9 Photos of Green Onion Quick Bread
This bread is quick to whip up and perfect along with soups and stews for the colder nights. From Canadian Living. If you do not have buttermilk on hand - simply take 3/4 cup milk and add 2 tsp of lemon juice or vinegar and let sit for 10-15 min.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and green onions.
- 3In smaller bowl whisk together buttermilk, butter and egg and pour over flour mixture, tossing with fork to form sticky dough.
- 4Scrape onto floured surface; gently knead 10 times. Do not over knead or the bread will not rise as much.
- 5Transfer to parchment paperï¿½lined baking sheet; press into 7-inch (18 cm) round form. With sharp knife, score top of round into 8 wedges.
- 6Bake about 35-45 minutes or until the bread forms a crust and sounds hollow when tapped.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Onion Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.8
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 388.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g