Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Variation of a Bobby Flay recipe
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegan mayonnaise (use Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped and sauteed in a pan with a little oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cover potatoes with water in a 4-quart saucepot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool slightly. Slice into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Combine Vegenaise, vinegar, jalapeno peppers, 2 teaspoons salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and toss gently to coat. If desired, season with additional salt and pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature.