Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great with holiday dinners! Prep time does not include time it takes to boil potatoes.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 -8 green onions, chopped with some greens
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted (you can use less)
- Peel, quarter, and boil potatoes until barely tender.
- Drain, cool and grate on large side of grater.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Gently mix in all other ingredients, except butter.
- Place mixture into a greased shallow 9x9 pan.
- Top with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden.
We really enjoyed this dish, however I found it to be a bit dry. This could have been a problem on my end though with the type of potato I used. I will try it again with a different spud. :)
Lvs these are wonderful potatoes! I didnt have a grater so I mashed them lightly leaving the potatoes a bit chunky. Added a little bit of pepper and did use the 1/3 cup of butter. Very easy to make and tastes very good! Thank you for another yummy recipe!
Made this on St Patrick's Day. It was delicious. Because I was really short on time I grated the potatoes while they were raw, then cooked them in the microwave for 10 minutes in the casserole dish I intended to use in the oven. Pulled it out of the microwave, added the additional ingredients, then baked. Worked great. Forgot to top with butter (so rushed!), but it was a rich dish even without the butter. (Of course, butter always makes it better!) Thanks!