This green onion-Parmesan cheese version of the classic Mornay sauce is a great sauce to use with chicken or vegetables. It's perfect over chicken cordon bleu!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Stir in green onion and parsley; cook until the green onion has softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- 4Pour in the cream, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Once the cream comes to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in the shredded Swiss and Parmesan cheeses.
- 5Slowly simmer, uncovered, until the sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Onion-Parmesan Mornay Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.5
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.4 g
- Saturated Fat 34.6 g
- Cholesterol 183.4 mg
- Sodium 493.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 14.6 g