Recipe by Lainey6605
This green onion-Parmesan cheese version of the classic Mornay sauce is a great sauce to use with chicken or vegetables. It's perfect over chicken cordon bleu!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in green onion and parsley; cook until the green onion has softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the cream, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Once the cream comes to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in the shredded Swiss and Parmesan cheeses.
- Slowly simmer, uncovered, until the sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.