Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I wanted a quick bread recipe to dip into soup tonight, but it needed to be fast and lowfat (low weight watchers points). This is a modification of a Weight Watcher's recipe that I found in a "Quick and Easy Menus" book. I don't keep white flour in my house anymore but you may feel free to sub. if that is all you have. As the original recipe was written (with white flour and shortening and low fat buttermilk) each biscuit is 2 WW points. I figure that the changes I made may take it down a few calories and decreased the fat a smidge, but I feel like 2 points is probably still accurate. I use my food processor because I think it is fast and easy. You could certainly do it by hand if you are so inclined.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of your food processor put the flours, the baking powder, the baking soda, and the salt.
- Pulse a few times to mix.
- Now add the little cubes of butter and pulse until the mixture resembles peas.
- Add the green onions and pulse once or twice to mix.
- Add the yogurt and pulse until the mixture is just fully combined.
- Drop by tablespoons onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightlty browned.
This was the 1st time I have made or tasted American biscuits.This recipe was very easy and quick to put together, and it produced a tender, chewy biscuit. It went well with a creamy cheesey soup I served. Thank you for sharing ladypit.