Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a wonderful recipe. You could also substitute other things instead of the green onions (scallions).
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup all-in-one pancake mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 7 -8 green onions (scallions, cleaned, dried, trimmed of roots, chopped or cut into one inch pieces)
- salt and pepper
- Fill a medium saucepan with 2-3 inches of vegetable oil and heat to medium-high heat.
- Arrange a paper towel lined plate on the counter to place the fritters on when they come out of the hot oil.
- In a bowl, make the batter by combining the all-in-one pancake mix with the water (the batter will be on the thick side).
- Add the chopped scallions and season with salt and pepper.
- When the oil is ready for frying, drop spoonfuls of the scallion batter into the oil and fry on all sides until golden brown and puffy. This should take no more than 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on the paper towel lined plate. Season with salt and pepper while they are still hot.