Recipe by Manami
These are wonderful. This is also a recipe of Rachael Ray's "30 Minute Meals - Top Drawer Dinner" and they are a real comfort food.
Top Review by luvn-n-the-oven
these are really tasty and super easy! i may play around with these next time - and there will definitely be a next time - and add some garlic to the batter. wonderful side dish...thanks for posting!
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup all-in-one pancake mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 -10 scallions, cleaned, dried & trimmed of roots, chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a medium saute pan with 2-3 inches of vegetable oil and heat to medium-high heat.
- Arrange a paper towel lined plate on the counter to place the fritters on when they come out of the hot oil.
- In a bowl, make the batter by combining the all-in-one pancake mix with the water (the batter will be on the thick side).
- Add the chopped green onions and season with cayenne, salt & pepper.
- When the oil is ready for frying, drop by spoonfuls of the batter into the oil and fry on all sides until golden brown and puffy.
- This should take no more than 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and drain on the paper towel lined plate.
- Reseason with salt while they are still hot.