Recipe by Voyager 1977
I got this from Yahoo Groups. Original source: Country Woman
Top Review by mailbelle
Loved the subtle flavor of the green onion in these. A nice change from plain biscuits. I made these on a baking stone (it's the only way I can made bread without burning it!) Thanks for posting! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 88.74 ml butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, onions, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.