Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from Yahoo Groups. Original source: Country Woman
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- Combine flour, onions, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Loved the subtle flavor of the green onion in these. A nice change from plain biscuits. I made these on a baking stone (it's the only way I can made bread without burning it!) Thanks for posting! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
Lovely! Buttery and the onion flavor is just right. I used parchment paper and baked them 12 minutes and they were perfect. This was very quick and easy to throw together. This recipe makes 12 biscuits at the suggested size. Thanks! I'll be making this again!