2 hrs 15 mins
An easy fresh green onion dip that I have been making for years, ever since a friend brought it to a party and gave me the recipe. I've made a few changes in the preparation, mainly for simplification. He grated his green onions, I cut them into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces and puree them with my Braun hand blender. It's less painful than grating my knuckles along with the onions!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean onions and cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces. Put onions and 1/8 cup milk into blending container. Puree until smooth.
- 2Pour pureed onion mixture into cream cheese and beat well with hand mixer.
- 3Add all other ingredients and continue to beat with hand mixer until well blended.
- 4Cover and put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow granules to finish disolving and flavors to marry.
- 5NOTE: You can add additional milk a few drops at a time until the consistency is to your liking.
- 6NOTE 2: The measurements on the garlic powder and the bouillion granules is where I start. Sometimes, after it has chilled for 2 hours, I taste it and may possibly add more seasoning.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Onion Dip
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.9
- Calories from Fat 708
- Total Fat 78.7 g
- Saturated Fat 44.2 g
- Cholesterol 252.2 mg
- Sodium 1157.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 15.5 g