Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An easy fresh green onion dip that I have been making for years, ever since a friend brought it to a party and gave me the recipe. I've made a few changes in the preparation, mainly for simplification. He grated his green onions, I cut them into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces and puree them with my Braun hand blender. It's less painful than grating my knuckles along with the onions!
- Clean onions and cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces. Put onions and 1/8 cup milk into blending container. Puree until smooth.
- Pour pureed onion mixture into cream cheese and beat well with hand mixer.
- Add all other ingredients and continue to beat with hand mixer until well blended.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow granules to finish disolving and flavors to marry.
- NOTE: You can add additional milk a few drops at a time until the consistency is to your liking.
- NOTE 2: The measurements on the garlic powder and the bouillion granules is where I start. Sometimes, after it has chilled for 2 hours, I taste it and may possibly add more seasoning.
I choose this recipe for a appetizer night. I did cut the recipe in half and used some fresh garlic but otherwise followed the directions. Served it with a vegetable platter. Made for Spring PAC 2011.