Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are curls add to the presentation of a dish.
- Trim the bulbs from the stalks where the stems begin to turn green. Trim remaining stalk parts to 4 inches, cut off tops if necessary.(Save bulbs and any cut off portions for use in some other dish).
- Using sharp scissors, cut each section of the 4 inch green stems lengthwise into very thin strips down to the beginning of the stem, but not all the way to the bottom. Try to cut at least 6 strips in each stem section.
- Fill a bowl about half full of cold water.
- Place onions in water. Add ice.
- Refrigerate until onions curl (about 1 hour).
- Drain onion curls.
- Use as garnish.