Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Green Onion Crab Cakes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh crabmeat or 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In medium bowl, gently stir together all ingredients except black pepper.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Form crab mixture into 8 equal-sized patties.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Saute crab cakes, turning once, until golden on both side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with pineapple salsa.
- For salsa; Combine first five ingredients in medium bowl; toss to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
These were really good. I didn't make the salsa, though I bet that is great too.
I absolutely loved this! Everthing complimented each other superbly, it was nice and quick to put together yet looked and tasted so stylish. It would be great for entertaining because the crab cakes taste better after a little cooling so no need to rush around to serve it quickly. Combination of flavors was terrific, interesting but not overpowering.