Green Onion Crab Cakes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh crabmeat or 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, gently stir together all ingredients except black pepper.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Form crab mixture into 8 equal-sized patties.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Saute crab cakes, turning once, until golden on both side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with pineapple salsa.
- For salsa; Combine first five ingredients in medium bowl; toss to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.