Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light-Champ is a kind of Irish Mashed potatoes-this is a lighter version.
Top Review by Tee Angel
I didn't have much in the house to make as a side dish for these great steaks my husband brought home to bbq. I did have red potatoes and did a search and this came up. This recipe is simple and very tasty. Thank you !!
- 7 cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed-about 2 1/2 lb
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 min or til tender; drain.
- Combine milk and onions in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer. Cook 3 minute Remove from heat.
- Combine potato, milk-onion mixture, butter, salt and pepper in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium til smooth.