Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a mild-flavored, creamy casserole. I don't really like sunflower seeds, so I used pine nuts instead...they were good in this. I bet other chopped nuts would also work well.
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds, shelled
- 4 eggs
- 354.88 ml milk
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 1.23 ml herb-seasoned salt
- 14.79 ml minced parsley
- 2 slice white bread
- Cook sunflower nuts and onion in butter until tender (this won't take long).
- Beat together the eggs, milk, cream cheese, and herbs, then mix with the green onions.
- Spread some butter on the bread and cut the bread into cubes.
- Lay the cubes in a small buttered casserole (I used a 9 x 9 pyrex pan).
- Pour the cheese mixture over the bread and bake in a 375 F oven for about 25 minutes.