Recipe by Aunt Cookie
This is a mild-flavored, creamy casserole. I don't really like sunflower seeds, so I used pine nuts instead...they were good in this. I bet other chopped nuts would also work well.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herb-seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 slices white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sunflower nuts and onion in butter until tender (this won't take long).
- Beat together the eggs, milk, cream cheese, and herbs, then mix with the green onions.
- Spread some butter on the bread and cut the bread into cubes.
- Lay the cubes in a small buttered casserole (I used a 9 x 9 pyrex pan).
- Pour the cheese mixture over the bread and bake in a 375 F oven for about 25 minutes.