Recipe by mspebblesflinstone
Finally something the whole family will eat up!
Top Review by Kute_Honey
Luv these! Tried to learn how to make these from my mom, but she kept on telling me to wing it. She makes them really good (her cooking is mostly guess work). Now I can make them successful (guess work for cooking never worked for me)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup very hot water (not boiling)
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure flour & Salt into food processor. With lid in place & machine running, pour hot water slowly into the chute until dough starts to form a ball.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Shape into long roll, and divide into 12 portions.
- Put green onion into bowl, and take one of the 12 portions of dough and slightly flatten between your palms.
- Press each side into green onions. Knead into dough, and shape into flatten circle. Roll out on slightly greased surface with greased rolling pin into an 4.5 inch circle. Repeat with remaining dough. Keep onion cakes covered with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
- Heat oil in non-stick frying pan on med-high heat.
- Arrange 4 onion cakes in single layer on pan. Cook both sides, flattening down with lifter, until brown patches appear. Don't over cook, they should be soft, pliable and chewy.
- Remove to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt. Cut in to 2-4 pieces.