1/1 Photo of Green Onion Cakes
Finally something the whole family will eat up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure flour & Salt into food processor. With lid in place & machine running, pour hot water slowly into the chute until dough starts to form a ball.
- 2Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead for 1 minute or until smooth.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 4Shape into long roll, and divide into 12 portions.
- 5Put green onion into bowl, and take one of the 12 portions of dough and slightly flatten between your palms.
- 6Press each side into green onions. Knead into dough, and shape into flatten circle. Roll out on slightly greased surface with greased rolling pin into an 4.5 inch circle. Repeat with remaining dough. Keep onion cakes covered with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
- 7Heat oil in non-stick frying pan on med-high heat.
- 8Arrange 4 onion cakes in single layer on pan. Cook both sides, flattening down with lifter, until brown patches appear. Don't over cook, they should be soft, pliable and chewy.
- 9Remove to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt. Cut in to 2-4 pieces.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Onion Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.8
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g