1/2 Photos of Green Onion Blinis With Red Pepper Relish and Goat Cheese
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. Crispy creamy potato cakes topped with tart goat cheese and sweet roasted red bell pepper. Little bites of heaven! Make approximately 1 dozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 large green onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk (or more if needed)
- 1 large red bell pepper (or used jar of roasted red bell pepper)
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- dill sprigs (for garnish)
- 1Turn the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil your bell pepper on all sides. I like to cut mine in half and put them on foil lined baking sheet, cut side down. Bake until skin is blackened and loose. Allow pepper to cool and peel skin. Chop into very small pieces (like pickle relish).
- 2Whip the soft goat cheese, sour cream and lemon juice in a smooth consistency. Add salt to taste. Set in the refrigerator.
- 3Heat a nonstick griddle or pan to medium heat. Mix the Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes, flour, egg, baking powder, and sour cream to a smooth consistency. Add enough milk to make a pancake like batter. Mix in the green onions. (No need to salt the batter as Simply Potatoes is already seasoned unless you wish to.) Spoon one tablespoon of batter onto pan, as many as you can handle at one time. When bubbles form then pop, flip the pancake. Cook each side to golden brown.
- 4To plate your blinis, top with a dollop of goat cheese cream and a small amount of roasted red pepper relish and a sprig of dill. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Onion Blinis With Red Pepper Relish and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 185.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes