Recipe by FLUFFSTER
An old recipe from late MIL"s recipe box. Pages are yellowed and hard to read, but the recipe still tastes wonderful.Each time we make it is a tribute to a delightful lady.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups herbed croutons
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups green onions, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 -4 drops hot pepper sauce
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until foamy. Stir in 1/2 cup milk and croutons. Let stand a few minute until most of liquid is absorbed. Add Worcestershire, chopped green onions, 1 teaspoons salt and beef. Mix just until combined.
- With back of tablespoon, press meat mixture lightly into bottom and around sides of 9-inch pie pan to form a shell.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add sliced green onions and cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are slightly wilted and bight green.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese in small mixer bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, remaining 2 eggs, hot pepper sauce and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Beat well. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup milk and mix until smooth. Spread green onions evenly over bottom of meat shell. Pour cheese mixture, over onions and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand a few minutes before cutting into wedges.