Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
An old recipe from late MIL"s recipe box. Pages are yellowed and hard to read, but the recipe still tastes wonderful.Each time we make it is a tribute to a delightful lady.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups herbed croutons
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups green onions, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 -4 drops hot pepper sauce
- paprika (to garnish)
- Beat eggs until foamy. Stir in 1/2 cup milk and croutons. Let stand a few minute until most of liquid is absorbed. Add Worcestershire, chopped green onions, 1 teaspoons salt and beef. Mix just until combined.
- With back of tablespoon, press meat mixture lightly into bottom and around sides of 9-inch pie pan to form a shell.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add sliced green onions and cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are slightly wilted and bight green.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese in small mixer bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, remaining 2 eggs, hot pepper sauce and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Beat well. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup milk and mix until smooth. Spread green onions evenly over bottom of meat shell. Pour cheese mixture, over onions and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand a few minutes before cutting into wedges.