Recipe by duonyte
This is my favorite potato salad, best served warm. I have been making it for many many years. I particularly appreciate that the ingredients are always in my pantry
Top Review by teresas
We loved it! This is very similar to my German potato salad that I make...hubby really enjoyed it...I used Yukon gold potatoes because they hold up well with this type of dressing...the key is to not over cook the potatoes...there should be a small resistance when poked with a fork...there was a tad bit too much dressing but the potatoes will absorb it if left long enough...this is a recipe that should be made early in the day or even the day before and taken out of the frig to come to room temp...it's a keeper...thanks for posting it...:)
- 6 large potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 pimiento, minced (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes in their jackets. When done, as soon as you can handle them, peel and slice about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. (When I don't have enough time, I dice the potatoes and cook them on the stove until just done).
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix together all the other ingredients.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a bowl. Stir together the dressing (it will have settled) and pour over the hot potatoes. With a large spoon, toss the salad carefully to coat.
- Best warm - can be warmed up in the microwave.