Recipe by dicentra
Epicurious. Serve with a spring greens salad with champagne vinaigrette.
Top Review by Bergy
Exceptional flavor! The chopped mushrooms with the vermouth & green onions is delicious The flavors roll together. I have never thought to chop the mushrooms so finely but it does increase the overall flavor. I did not use any butter just a spray of "No Oil" and it was still delicious. Served with a tomato & Spring mix green salad for a lovely dinner
- 170.09 g cremini mushrooms
- 29.58 ml butter
- 9.85 ml butter
- 73.94 ml chopped green onions
- 59.14 ml dry vermouth
- 6 large eggs
- 14.79 ml water
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop mushrooms in processor. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and 3 tablespoons onions; sauté 3 minutes. Add vermouth and boil until evaporated, about 1 1/2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, 1 tablespoon water, salt, and pepper in medium bowl to blend. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add half of egg mixture. Stir with back of fork until edges begin to set.
- Cook until omelet is set, lifting edges with spatula to let uncooked egg flow underneath, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon half of mushroom mixture down center of omelet. Fold both sides of omelet over filling and transfer to plate.
- Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture, and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle omelets with remaining onions.