Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Epicurious. Serve with a spring greens salad with champagne vinaigrette.
Make and share this Green Onion and Mushroom Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- Finely chop mushrooms in processor. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and 3 tablespoons onions; sauté 3 minutes. Add vermouth and boil until evaporated, about 1 1/2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, 1 tablespoon water, salt, and pepper in medium bowl to blend. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add half of egg mixture. Stir with back of fork until edges begin to set.
- Cook until omelet is set, lifting edges with spatula to let uncooked egg flow underneath, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon half of mushroom mixture down center of omelet. Fold both sides of omelet over filling and transfer to plate.
- Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture, and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle omelets with remaining onions.
Exceptional flavor! The chopped mushrooms with the vermouth & green onions is delicious The flavors roll together. I have never thought to chop the mushrooms so finely but it does increase the overall flavor. I did not use any butter just a spray of "No Oil" and it was still delicious. Served with a tomato & Spring mix green salad for a lovely dinner