Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Southern Living
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups reduced-fat biscuit mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Beat cream cheese at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add biscuit mix alternately with milk, beginning and ending with biscuit mix. Stir in green onions and next 3 ingredients.
- Spoon batter into 3-inch muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 25 to 27 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
These are so surprisingly light tasting! I thought I'd taste the cream cheese and green onions more, but the flavors are very subtle. This is a definite repeat recipe! Thanks for sharing!
These are really awesome. They are more popovers than muffins though. The flavor is wonderful, and I can't wait to make them again and serve with a roast for an elegant dinner. Great recipe, thanks for sharing! :)
Totally delicious and oh so very good. I used a regular egg, but other then that, followed exactly. Grabbed some fresh green onions from the garden and the taste just burst with flavor! Will make these again, very easy to put together. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* August 2009