Recipe by Vicki in CT
Creamy, crunchy, fabulous enough, then topped with bacon! From Southern Living's Annual Cookbook 1996.
Top Review by Slatts
I love recipes that have sour cream, mayo, and cream cheese. Those three ingredients together create the best creamy and tangy yumminess! Our only issue was that this was way to oniony for our tastes. We will make them again and cut way back on the onions. Besides that I love the recipe and will make these as apps often. Thanks!
- 4 cups green onions, sliced thinly
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese (I have used fat free with great success)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (same as above with fat free)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (have used low fat)
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled