Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy, crunchy, fabulous enough, then topped with bacon! From Southern Living's Annual Cookbook 1996.
- 4 cups green onions, sliced thinly
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese (I have used fat free with great success)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (same as above with fat free)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (have used low fat)
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine first five ingredients mixing well. (This can be done well in advance.).
- Spread mixture on toast and top with bacon.
I love recipes that have sour cream, mayo, and cream cheese. Those three ingredients together create the best creamy and tangy yumminess! Our only issue was that this was way to oniony for our tastes. We will make them again and cut way back on the onions. Besides that I love the recipe and will make these as apps often. Thanks!
This was great, served at a brunch! I think I messed it up in a way, because I only toasted one side of the baguette and it turned out somewhat "chewy" by the time we actually served them. I had a ton of people ask for the recipe, so all was well!
This was a tasty and simple recipe that would go well on a party table. Made and reviewed for the Australian/New Zeland recipeswap #25