Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love homemade breakfast sausage patties. This recipe is from the Highland Lake Inn, Flat Rock, NC.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, finely diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine with fingers using a folding motion.
- Form into 3/4 inch patties and fry in a heavy skillet over medium heat until juices run clear.
I made 2/3 of the recipe since my local grocery seems to have a fetish about packing ground pork in 1 lb packages only. However, I kept all the spices except the salt at the original level. These were very nice; moist, and the flavours well balanced. The patties were fairly delicate, but did hold together - it helped that they are small.