- 2 kg green olives
- 150 g salt
- 2 1⁄2 liters water
- 1 -2 hot chili pepper (optional)
- 2 lemons
- 1 liter water
- 280 g salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack the olives with a mallet or a clean hammer, being careful not to crush them.
- Combine the 150g salt and water and voer the olives.
- Place a plate on top to keep the olives from floating above the brine.
- Cover and leave for about 6 weeks in a cool place, changing the salt water once a week.
- Drain the olives and pack in sterilized jars.
- Put a few lemon wedges between layers and 1-2 hot chillies.
- Cover with cooled brine.
- Seal well.
- Leave for about 6 weeks.