Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Original tapenade usually has black olives in it, I find that this is much better using green! Trust me, you won't be able to stop yourself from keeping your spoon out of this.Plan ahead this needs to chill overnight before serving, yeah right...I can say that you will have at least half of this eaten before the next day arrives LOL! This is fantastic on crostini or crackers. You can cut the recipe in half if desired.
- 2 (10 ounce) jarswell-cured pitted green olives, well drained
- 2 (2 ounce) cans anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
- In a processor combine olives, anchovies, garlic and capers; process using on/off turns until coarsley chopped.
- Add in the oil and process again until mixed.
- Add in the lemon juice and cayenne; process until combined.
- If you prefer a smoother tapenade, then process longer (I prefer a chunkier texure).
- Transfer tapenade to a bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 5 days.
- *NOTE* you can add in salt if desired but I don't think you will need to, as this is salty already.
I made a half recipe of this delicious tapenade and now I will have to make some more as we ate it all up by lunch. Bright, vibrant flavours. Everything works. Highly recommended. Great on baguette toasts or crostini.