Recipe by Jewelies
Serve with bread and fresh ricotta and a nice glass of wine. A recipe by Bill Granger.
Top Review by Debber
Zippy! I LOVE green olives, and I love lemon juice, but I'm not quite ready for THAT much lemon juice so added a few tablespoons of sugar to tone it down a hair. Used dried parsley and basil (couldn't find my frozen chopped basil in my newly rearranged freezer--now who would do such a thing as that?) would prefer fresh, but oh well. When you got it, you got it...when you don't -- punt! We'll be serving this on our "appetizer" buffet for Thanksgiving Day prior to the feast. Thanks for being a part of our celebration!!
- 500 g green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped,rinsed and dried
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil