Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I invented this recipe to serve with my Smoky Capsicum Dip, which I'm yet to post. Very nice and elegant version of chip 'n dip. Makes lots!
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Process the cashews until small pieces in a food processor.
- Drain the olives and process with the cashews, add the oil to make a nice spreadable consistency. You can add more oil if you want a smoother pesto but I like it a bit chunky.
- Spread 1/5 of the pesto onto a sheet of pastry. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Roll one half of the pastry into the middle, then roll the other half into the middle to meet it. Wrap with clingwrap and refrigerate while you prepare the other palmier logs.
- After chilling the logs well, slice the logs into thin slices (1/2-1cm).
- Place pastry slices, cut-side up, on prepared tray, allowing room for spreading.
- Brush with egg wash or milk.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn palmiers over, brush again, and bake for a further 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven. Serve warm or at room temperature (better warm in my opinion!).
- Notes & tips.
- You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 7 up to 1 day ahead. Cover and store in the fridge. Continue from step 4 up to 3 hours ahead.
- Transport tip: Transport cooked palmiers in an airtight container. At destination, preheat oven to 180°C Place palmiers on a baking tray and cook in oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.