I invented this recipe to serve with my Smoky Capsicum Dip, which I'm yet to post. Very nice and elegant version of chip 'n dip. Makes lots!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- 2Process the cashews until small pieces in a food processor.
- 3Drain the olives and process with the cashews, add the oil to make a nice spreadable consistency. You can add more oil if you want a smoother pesto but I like it a bit chunky.
- 4Spread 1/5 of the pesto onto a sheet of pastry. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 5Roll one half of the pastry into the middle, then roll the other half into the middle to meet it. Wrap with clingwrap and refrigerate while you prepare the other palmier logs.
- 6After chilling the logs well, slice the logs into thin slices (1/2-1cm).
- 7Place pastry slices, cut-side up, on prepared tray, allowing room for spreading.
- 8Brush with egg wash or milk.
- 9Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn palmiers over, brush again, and bake for a further 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven. Serve warm or at room temperature (better warm in my opinion!).
- 10Notes & tips.
- 11You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 7 up to 1 day ahead. Cover and store in the fridge. Continue from step 4 up to 3 hours ahead.
- 12Transport tip: Transport cooked palmiers in an airtight container. At destination, preheat oven to 180°C Place palmiers on a baking tray and cook in oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Olive Pesto Palmiers
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 226.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g