Recipe by tigrrboxer
Incredibly simple to make and simply incredible to eat! You can experiment freely, or add any kind of fish / leftover poultry - this version is vegetarian. The basic ingredients are healthy and colourful. The sweetness of the corn and pepper nicely balance out the saltiness of the olives. If you prefer a saucier pasta, this is also delicious when a tablespoon of cream is added to the vegetables. Finally, you could omit the pasta and eat as a particularly tasty salad or sandwich filling!
- 500 g dry linguine or 500 g dried tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 200 g stuffed green olives
- 200 g canned mushroom slices
- 2 tablespoons canned sweetcorn
- 1 red sweet bell pepper
- 2 -5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until al dente.
- Meanwhile -- Slice the olives into 5-6 slices each (may sound time-consuming but it's not, really).
- Remove seeds from red bell pepper, quarter and slice finely.
- Drain mushrooms.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain in colander.
- Quickly heat all other ingredients in the olive oil (1-2 minutes maximum). The idea is to take the chill off, not to cook!
- Serve vegetables spooned generously over pasta.