1 hr 15 mins
This is a great dip. Serve with pita chips or bread. Hope you enjoy! Note Tahini is a sesame seed paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces beer, Coors Light
- 1 serrano chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 16 ounces green olives, stuffed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Make slit in serrano chili and place in small sauce pan.
- 2Add beer and bring to a boil.
- 3Remove from heat, cover, and let steep 1 hour (this makes "chili beer").
- 4In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tbsp olive oil; add onion and garlic.
- 5Saute mixture for 3 minutes; add olives and saute 2 minutes longer.
- 6Add chili beer and serrano pepper; boil 10 minutes to cook most of the beer away.
- 8Transfer olive mixture to food processor.
- 9Add tahini, lemon juice, honey, coriander, cumin and pepper.
- 10Process mixture until smooth.
- 11Stir in cilantro.
- 12Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- 13To serve, scatter top with tomatoes, pistachios, salt and remaining tbsp of olive oil.
- 14Serve with pita chips or bread.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Olive Chili Beer Dip
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.1
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1000.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g