Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great dip. Serve with pita chips or bread. Hope you enjoy! Note Tahini is a sesame seed paste.
- 12 ounces beer, Coors Light
- 1 serrano chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 16 ounces green olives, stuffed
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Make slit in serrano chili and place in small sauce pan.
- Add beer and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let steep 1 hour (this makes "chili beer").
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tbsp olive oil; add onion and garlic.
- Saute mixture for 3 minutes; add olives and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Add chili beer and serrano pepper; boil 10 minutes to cook most of the beer away.
- Transfer olive mixture to food processor.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, honey, coriander, cumin and pepper.
- Process mixture until smooth.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, scatter top with tomatoes, pistachios, salt and remaining tbsp of olive oil.
- Serve with pita chips or bread.