Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Rachael Ray Magazine recipe that I've only made without the chicken (girlfriend is vegan). I think next time I make this I'll try crumbling in some seitan or fried tofu...
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup green olives, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (10 ounce) box instant couscous
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, finely chopped
- In a skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Add the onion, zucchini, garlic, lemon peel, crushed red pepper, fennel seeds and cinnamon; season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the olives and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover the pan, turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and add the parsley, mint, and lemon juice; toss.