Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is so good! It took me a little while to get used to eating goat cheese (billy goat gruff). Now, I find I like it very much, and what doesn't go with thyme? Crisp veggies, like celery sticks, carrot sticks, and fennel sticks. I love it with endive. So good! Watch your seasonings, as the olives will provide enough saltiness. When preparing the lemon zest, only use the yellow, as the white part, the pith is very bitter.
- 1 cup fresh parsley (flat-leaf)
- 3 -4 sprigs parsley, if desired (to garnish)
- 2 cups pitted Spanish olives (green)
- 4 (2 1/2 ounce) jars green olives, pitted drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup bottled pimiento, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) canflat anchovy fillets
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs, unsalted, plain
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese, room temperature, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, pulse the cup of parsley leaves until finely chopped.
- Add the olives, pimientos, anchovies with their oil, bread crumbs, tomato paste, capers, lemon zest and pepper and process until minced.
- Add the cream cheese and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish, if desired with parsley springs.