Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
One pot meal. Very healthy, delicious and ideal for weight watchers
- 500 g green mung beans (moong)
- 1⁄2 cup cleaned prawns
- 2 -3 fish fillets (leftover fish, fish heads or tails)
- 1⁄2 cup shallot
- 1⁄2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon green chili peppers or 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 200 g noodles (optional)
- Soak the mung beans overnight in about 4-5 cups of water.
- Boil the mung beans in 4-5 cups of water and keep aside. (Do not drain the water). Takes about 30 mins in a pot. Or 15 mins in a pressure cooker.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and add the mustard seeds and allow to splatter.
- Once done add thinly sliced shallots, ginger, garlic and chillies. Saute till the onions are translucent.
- Add the prawn and fish pieces to the pan and add soy sauce. Cover them with the onion soy sauce mixture and allow to cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the boiled mung beans and cut spinach leaves to the pan or add the ingredients of the pan to the pot containing boiled mung beans and bring to a boil.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon in the pot to enhance the flavors and add salt as per taste.
- if you find the soup thick add water as per your requirement.
- One can also add noodles in the soup and make a complete meal out of it.
- One can also serve the soup (thicker version) with cooked rice or one can enjoy the soup plain.