Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An after-the-holidays casserole.
Make and share this Green Mountain Turkey and Smoked Ham Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 large celery rib, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup cubed smoked ham
- 2 tablespoons minced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons apple brandy or 2 tablespoons apple cider
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Vermont cheddar cheese)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; add in the onion and celery; stir/saute for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the top and stir 2 minutes.
- Add in the milk; stir constantly until slightly thickened.
- Add in the soup, turkey, ham, pimentos, and brandy, season with salt and pepper, and stir until well blended.
- Transfer the mixture into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.