An after-the-holidays casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 large celery rib, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup cubed smoked ham
- 2 tablespoons minced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons apple brandy or 2 tablespoons apple cider
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Vermont cheddar cheese)
- 1In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; add in the onion and celery; stir/saute for 1 minute.
- 2Sprinkle the flour over the top and stir 2 minutes.
- 3Add in the milk; stir constantly until slightly thickened.
- 4Add in the soup, turkey, ham, pimentos, and brandy, season with salt and pepper, and stir until well blended.
- 5Transfer the mixture into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- 6Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- 7Bake in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Mountain Turkey and Smoked Ham Pot
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 579.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: