Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb red potatoes, skins on,cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in half lengthwise,then in thin slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 48 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 lb green beans, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups escarole, leaves
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot set over medium high.
- Add the potatoes, celery, carrots and onion and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add broth and saffron and bring to a boil.
- Stir in orzo and lima beans and cook 6 to 8 minutes, until potato and orzo are partially cooked.
- Add peas, green beans, escarole and zucchini and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender.