My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb red potatoes, skins on,cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in half lengthwise,then in thin slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 48 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1/4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 lb green beans, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups escarole, leaves
- 1/2 lb zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1Heat olive oil in a soup pot set over medium high.
- 2Add the potatoes, celery, carrots and onion and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Add broth and saffron and bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in orzo and lima beans and cook 6 to 8 minutes, until potato and orzo are partially cooked.
- 5Add peas, green beans, escarole and zucchini and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (764 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 357.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 17.0 g