Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sitting time is included in preparation time. This goes with anything, but it's also good as a side dish or salad. From Salsas, Sambals, Chutneys and Chowchows
- 3 green mangoes, peeled and sliced off the pit
- 1 large carrot, peeled and the ends trimmed off
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Using the largest holes in your kitchen grater, shred the mangoes and the carrots.
- Mix together with the remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Allow to stand, covered for about 1 hour before serving so the tastes mingle and mellow.
- This chutney will keep, covered and refrigerated, about 4 days.