Recipe Junkie's Note:
Sitting time is included in preparation time. This goes with anything, but it's also good as a side dish or salad. From Salsas, Sambals, Chutneys and Chowchows
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 green mangoes, peeled and sliced off the pit
- 1 large carrot, peeled and the ends trimmed off
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1Using the largest holes in your kitchen grater, shred the mangoes and the carrots.
- 2Mix together with the remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- 3Allow to stand, covered for about 1 hour before serving so the tastes mingle and mellow.
- 4This chutney will keep, covered and refrigerated, about 4 days.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Mango-Carrot Chutney With Ginger and Coriander
Serving Size: 1 (1304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g