Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great for Halloween Parties (can also be made into cupcakes) This comes from Silver Ravenwolf's Halloween Book.
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup boiling water
- cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) container frosting
- decorative candies (candy corns, sprinkles)
- You will need 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt Chocolate in small saucepan over low heat. Allow to cool.
- Put butter, sugar, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and the melted, cooked chocolate.
- Add green food coloring. Beat on low speed for about 1 minute until batter is blended.
- Sift flour and baking soda into second. Add to batter alternately with sour cream, mixing with with long wodden spoon.
- Add boiling water to batter and mix again.
- Batter will be runny.
- Spray bottom of baking pans with cooking spray. Lightly flour. Pour batter into pans and bake for about 35 minutes. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Frost and decorate.
This cake is very fun to make and is absolutely delicious. I actually picked this recipe up a while ago, but I will vouch that is good.