Great for Halloween Parties (can also be made into cupcakes) This comes from Silver Ravenwolf's Halloween Book.
- You will need 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt Chocolate in small saucepan over low heat. Allow to cool.
- Put butter, sugar, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and the melted, cooked chocolate.
- Add green food coloring. Beat on low speed for about 1 minute until batter is blended.
- Sift flour and baking soda into second. Add to batter alternately with sour cream, mixing with with long wodden spoon.
- Add boiling water to batter and mix again.
- Batter will be runny.
- Spray bottom of baking pans with cooking spray. Lightly flour. Pour batter into pans and bake for about 35 minutes. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Frost and decorate.