Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fast & easy winter time pressure cooker soup. Credit to Valeria who posted the recipe (#391569) that I used as a base
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage (two sausages)
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika (Hungarian, if available)
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups green lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste, none if using full salt broth)
- 3 pinches fresh ground black pepper
- Roll sausage into dime size balls. Brown in the oil, then remove.
- Saute the onions, then remove.
- Saute the carrots & celery.
- Place lentils and everything else in cooker.
- Seal the pressure cooker. When the pressure-indicator rises let cook 13 minutes. We don't have a great pressure cooker.
- Turn off heat, carefully move handle to safe position to eliminate pressure. Wait for all steam to clear and open.
- Discard bay leaf. Serve with French bread.