Recipe by LauraMonkey
I found this recipe in my local supermarkets magazine and thought I would give it a go. Be warned, I put slightly too much chilli powder in the first time I made it and it was all I could taste, but I adjusted it the next time and it was much better!
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (420 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 (420 g) cans canned green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 (420 g) can kidney beans
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil and fry the onions and celery until softened.
- Add the garlic, paprika and chilli powder. Fry for a further minute.
- Add the can of tomatoes and the pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add lentils ad kidney beans. Cook for 10 minutes Season to taste.
- Serve with rice.