Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A deliciously spicy and exotic Moroccan salad.
- 1 cup green lentil
- 1⁄2 lb spinach
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- soak lentils for 1 hour and drain. Place in a pan and cover with water and bring to a boil. cover and simmer 1 hour or until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, wash the spinach and cut into 1 inch strips. Cook in a covered saucepan over moderate heat for 5 minutes, or until just tender. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan and cook onion until softened.
- Stir in spinach and simmer 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and add drained lentils. Make dressing with remaining olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, garlic, ginger and spices. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over lentils and spinach and toss well. Serve warm.