Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very yummy and makes a lot! The honey and vegetable broth make a tangy-sweet sauce. Frozen green beans are fine for this recipe.
- 2 cups green lentils
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 red onion, cut in 1/8
- 1 (2 ounce) can baby corn
- 1 yellow pepper, cut in strips
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips
- 2 ounces green beans
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- Put the lentils in a large saucepan with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Drain.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter, 1 garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the vinegar to the lentils and mix well.
- Melt the remaining butter and oil in a skillet and stir-fry the garlic, onion, corn, peppers and green beans for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the honey and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the lentils and cook for about a minute to heat through.
I swapped the baby corn for yellow squash & I also added some brown rice to the mixture. It was delicious & hearty. Yum.