Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From "Real Simple" magazine. You will have leftover dressing for another use.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces spanish chorizo, diced
- 6 cups green leaf lettuce, torn
- 1⁄2 apple, sliced thin
- 2 ounces manchego cheese, sliced
Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook chorizo in the oil until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, combine lettuce, apple slices, manchego cheese, and chorizo.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients or place them in a lidded glass jar and shake to combine.
- Drizzle salad with 4 tablespoons of the dressing and toss well.
I liked the salad itself quite a bit, but the dressing needed a bit more oomph. I think a touch of red pepper would be good. This made a nice light lunch. Thanks for posting!